Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Secret to My Garden.....

I met him on a Thursday, it was the beginning of fall. Although he came to me to conduct business, my temptress couldn’t help but seduce him, just a little. I maintained my professionalism. However the way I licked my lips, and swayed my hips while still maintaining my cool intrigued him. 
“So what would you like to eat for lunch?” he asked me.
“ Lunch?” I asked innocently.
“ Yes, you have to eat right?” he asked.
“Right,” 
“So let me take you to lunch.” 
His assertiveness had turned me on, I couldn’t help but to be interested, besides I was hungry. 
Like a gentlemen, he drove his car around and opened my door for me. We cruised calmly through the downtown streets listening to Wale telling me that I was his Lotus Flower. 
He took me too a coy spot downtown. The food boasts of a mom and pop taste with a modern swag. 
We began to relax as we talked lightly about our pasts. The yearning in his eyes let me know that our future would be filled with hot and heavy nights.
“ Are you single? ” I asked
“Divorced,” he answered with a gruff voice, his head laid low as if he was counting the streams of steam that rose off of his plate. 
“ How long?”
“ Three months, “ he looked up at me. I watched his guard slowly fall as he realized that I only wanted to get to know him. 
“ And you?” he asks
“ Single, for now.”
“ Now?”
“ Yea, a pretty girl like me doesn’t stay single for too long,” I said with a slight laugh. 
He smiled, “ You’re right, a PYT like you wouldn’t know anything about being single for too long.” 
“ And how young do you think I am?” I felt my black girl attitude peaking through my proper persona.
He chuckled at my reaction,“I don’t mean to offend you but I would say at least 10 years. “ 
My body language definitely disagreed.
The soft look on his face reflected his understanding, “ Ok.... so tell me, where were you in 1993?” he asked. 
"I was becoming a big sister  and entering the next grade in elementary school.” 
His face was laced with shock.
“ Wow....” was all he could say, my youth made him speechless. 
“ And where were you?” I wanted to know
“Pledging my fraternity while taking over my second year in college.” 
“ Ok cool, so there are things that you can teach me,“ I responded nonchalantly.  He realized that he was the only one paralyzed by shock and fixed his face.
“ Yea , anything.” he simply replied. 
“ Age doesn’t matter to me, you aren’t the first man that I have dated that was where you were in 1993.” 
“ O really?” he asked. 
I had to think about my reply. I didn’t want him to think that I was some chick looking for a sugar daddy. I create relationships based off of how I feel. Materials, looks, and finer things are wonderful perks, but when it all falls down I want to  know that my hero is the man I wake up to every morning. 
“ Yes, he was the same age as you. My maturity and hunger for life keeps me from holding interest in the men in my age range.”
“ And how is that?” he asked.
 Our conversation was turning into a therapeutic session.
“I like to be mentally stimulated, motivated, loved, learned, spanked, and taught a lesson, while still being protected. Unfortunately men my age don’t understand what that is because they haven’t achieved that level of maturity yet.”
“ I understand, and it’s good to know. I honestly didn’t think you were that young. You carry yourself very well,” he gave me a coy smile slightly revealing his pearly white teeth. I took a moment to truly look at the man across from me. He was fine like the wine my lips yearn to sip. His years of playing football caused his body to maintain it’s gladiator frame. His salt and pepper beard was closely shaven complimenting the cool grey color of his eyes.
We spent our lunch learning of each other, laughing and joking. Debating about the best football teams in the league and drifting in our thoughts of love, passion, and the pursuit of happiness. 
He pulled next to my car.
“ I enjoyed you, “ he said.
“ Thank you I enjoyed your time too.” 
“ So let’s do it again, dinner next time,” he said.
“ I’d like that, “ I smiled and gently replied, “ Thank you for lunch and your company I look forward to hearing from you soon.”
“ Hey babe, “ he said.
“ Yea,” I meekly replied. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered, he called me babe.
“ Meet me for a night cap, tonight at the Ritz,”
“Ok,” was all I could manage to say. 
I gracefully stepped out of his car, managing to maintain my balance amongst the clouds I was floating on. He guided me to my car and opened my door for me . He lightly kissed my cheek and said,” I’ll see you tonight.” 
I had spent the evening marinating in the tub. I let the lavender oil seep into my system as Musiq sexily told me how beautiful I am.
“ Well Ms.Peele, what are we going to do with ourselves?” I asked more so asking the bubbles in the tub than myself. It’s funny how things happen. We happened to be moguls, happened to be single, happened to be sexy, and now we are willing to see if what happened will be happening?
After soaking for an hour or so, I began the process of getting dressed. 
“ Time for elegance,” I said to myself while smiling at my reflection. The black lace set I was wearing was the perfect accompaniment to my red pouty lips. The steam made them moist, as if the taste for love dripped from them. 
I was definitely feeling myself. My confidence that cruised throughout the day decided to take the express lane to class. It was not only my plan to “ woo” him I was going to enwrap him in the addiction of me.
Before slipping on my little black dress. I took one last overview of what laid underneath. There’s something about black that accentuates my light skin. The lace perfectly traced the outline of my tear dropped bottom that was topped with two dimples on each cheek. I wore my favorite Prada stilettos. The 6 inch heels were the perfect accent to my toned curves. My months of running showed. I slipped on my fitted black number and headed to the Ritiz, wondering if he would be the beat to my lyrics.
As I handed the valet my keys, my Fossil clicked half past 8.
”Every girl is fashionably late,” I thought to myself.
The Ritz was my secret dream hotel. I loved it's old hollywood glam. When I entered the lobby it felt as if I had drifted back in time. It held a speak easy feel, sexy and intimate. The melodies of the Jazz Band guided me to the bar. The smells of rum and lust created the perfect cocktail for the night. Everyone was in arms, and I was waiting to be in his.
Then I saw him. His 6’5 frame moved stealthily through the crowd. He kept his eyes on me, even when he was being watched by everyone else.
“ You’re gorgeous, “ was the first thing he said to me.
“ You don’t look too bad yourself,” I said while giving a seductive smile.
He chuckled lightly, “ Shall we?” he asked as he extended his hand.
I lightly placed my hand into his. He folded his fingers as if he were wrapping a delicate package. My heart smiled at the comfort I felt.
He led me to a private section of the bar. I sat into my seat and gazed upon the handsome gladiator that I accompanied. 
He wore a dark navy suite, tailored of course. The diamonds in his ear gleamed at my pearls. They matched the Rolex he sported ever so casually. 
“ So how did I do?” 
“ I’m sorry whaa...what did you say?” his questioned snapped me out of my daze.
He laughed, “ You’re the fashion expert Ms. Peele how did your boy do?” his deep voice asked again. 
His smile challenged my hard to get persona. My heart was yearning to fall in love with this man. I not only wanted to feed him the sex, love, and other drugs I cooked in my kitchen of thoughts, I never wanted to skip dessert, because he deserved every bit of it.
“ You did great,“ I replied while giving him a soft smile.
“ Thank you. So what can I get you?”
“ Hmmm, let’s start with chardonnay,” I replied.

“ Classy I see,” he winked.
“ One of many things.”
He laughed. “ I must say you are the first woman i’ve met that has had such spice.”
“ Too hot for you I see?” I asked playfully. 
“ Nope,” he walked over to me and whispered deeply, “ I like the heat.”
After two Chardonnays, and three dry martinis, our true feelings set the table.
“I like you,” he said, “ and I want to see where this goes.”
“ Well... I won’t argue with that,” I responded while secretly grinning inside “ Where would you like this to go?”
“May I show you something?” 
“ Of course” 
We walked back to the lobby where we caught a private elevator. He pressed a button to an un numbered floor.
“ Floor G?” I asked.
“ You’ll see.”
“ Ok,” I said nervously, a part of me wondered where he was taking me. Luckily I brought pearl in case my right hook doesn’t make the point.
As the elevator doors opened, an atrium filled with exotic plants and trees greeted me. It was if we stepped into another world. The pinks, fuchsias, and oranges brightly colored the room. Although it was 12:30 at night it felt like the sun was just setting. 
“ This is beautiful, “ was all I could manage to say. Who would have thought such a tropical paradise hid amongst the slums of New York City.
“ It’s one of my favorite places,” he said to me, “ I come here often to think about the different decisions I make.”
“ O yea? Like what?” I asked.
“ Like your offer,” he responded.
“ And what is your decision?” I asked beyond the African Moon flowers I was smelling.
“ I’d like to pursue a partnership with you contingent upon you agreeing to my terms.” 
Unlike me, he decided to tuck his professionalism in his pocket instead of leaving it at home. 
“ Ok,” I said as I walked towards him, “ I’ll play ball, name your terms.”
“ First, we must never let us interfere with our businesses,”
“ Agreed,” I responded.
“ Secondly,” he walked closer into me, his Armani cologne danced through my senses, “you must let me spoil you, teach you, and learn you in every way that you allow me to.”
“Mmmm....Agreed,” my response barely left my lips, for both sets dripped with fantasy. 
“ Lastly Ms. Peele, I require your honesty no matter how hurtful nor brash.”
“ So...Where do I sign?” I asked. 
His hand gently brushed my cheek, while the other cupped one of my dimpled assets. His tongue traced my lips before deeply plunging into the tastes of my mouth. 
My secret garden opened it’s gates, and let him taste the forbidden fruit. He was the Adam to my Eve and we were going to rule the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment