Thursday, November 11, 2010

Achieving Happiness through Nappiness

I have become SO bored with my hair. Everyday I look at it and I attempt to manipulate it into an artistic masterpiece when low and behold it ends up in the same old puff I’ve had it in for weeks. So I dyed it, first there was a two tone red with some highlights but I felt that wasn't drastic enough, so I upgraded to a honey blonde and STILL remained bored. I even cut my hair into layers and yet with all the twist outs, braids, and puffs I have done my boredom clashed with my creativity . I recently considered a perm (yea I said it). On some of my most trying days I literally stood in front of that tub of Mizani and hoped someone would knock the shelf so it could splatter all on my curly roots.
So I decided I am going to grow locks. Granted my family would much rather see me curly or with a straightening comb, but you only live one life and everything’s worth trying. Hair is hair it will grow back (provided you take care of it). You have to know what fits you and what you are willing to put up with. Transitioning into locks maybe hard, now I have to sit and  let my hair do it's own thing, when I have messed with it and turned it into everything I’ve wanted it to be. So let's see how this goes, let's embark on this journey shall we?

Hair Care Tip of the day: ( For Permed, Natural, Locked, ALL hair types)

In between washes add brown sugar to your shampoo. Use this to exfoliate your scalp and rid it of product and dead skin. During the winter months follow up with a leave in conditioner and hot oil treatment. Your scalp and your hair will be in heaven :) Trust I've been using this trick for years!


"Beauty stretches far beyond what your hair looks like and whether you decide to shave your head bald or rock a beyonce weave it will never out beautify the gorgeous-ness of your soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment