Saturday, November 27, 2010

No Regrets

I live my life without any regrets, because I've found that the energy put into my past transgressions have caused me to push my own happiness to the side. Let me tell you something about me......
I've been beat up,put down, raped and casted aside, but through it all I'm still stepping out on faith. The most traumatic moments in my life have shown me just how strong I am, and how life is too short to live with REGRETS. So I don't sweat the small stuff. People will always talk about you, somebody will always have a problem with you, but YOU are the person who determines if that is your problem to bare or not. I have carried the weight of other's opinions for far too long and now is the time for me to listen to my own.

I believe that God truly allowed me to survive my life's trials because of his purpose for me. After being diagnosed with cervical cancer, losing the love of my life, and truly being in a place of darkness and loneliness I was at a fork in the road. I didn't know how to go on, I will honestly say I just wanted to be done with life, yet that small hint of faith combined with the thin layer of trust I had in God kept me hanging on. I had to make a decision: live out my life or hang up the towel and continue to do the destructive things that I was doing to prohibit my progress. That day I wiped my last tears from eyes, pulled myself out of the bed I had been laying in for days, and finally opened the curtains to see the beauty of God's work. The sunshine greeted me as it rays brought my body back to life and I finally did something I hadn't done in months, I exhaled. And I put my life into work.

I started by making a bucket list, I truly believe that you should live life without limits, and since God gave me a second chance at it, I wasn't going to limit myself anymore. I then let go of the small stuff. It's funny, I never considered myself to be a hoarder, but what I realized then was that I was indeed an emotional hoarder. I held onto everything that ever hurt me or caused me pain, and I just wouldn't let it go. So I did some spring cleaning. I no longer cared about the opinions of others. I stopped following the words of those who always have something to say but never kept silent enough to listen. I stopped letting the negativity dwell within me, because it was the root of all of my sickness.

So yes I refuse to live my life with regret. For regret destroys the steps towards progression and overshadows beauty of forgiveness. I've been cancer free for 3 years now, and believe me when I say NOTHING THAT ANYONE SAYS can STOP ME from being the phenomenal woman and survivor I am.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I teared up a little bit while reading this. You inspire me! Keep doing you Boo!

    ReplyDelete